Healthy Organic Snack Ideas for Kids
It is tough to find good snacks for kids in this day and age of highly processed, fast foods. Here are some healthy ideas for snacks...all organic of course.
* Apple Slices and Peanut Butter (try adding a bit of organic maple syrup to the peanut butter and microwaving for an extra special treat)
* Fruit Slices and Soy Cream Cheese (a tub of vegan soy cream cheese (at room temperature) with 1/4 cup undiluted apple juice or orange juice concentrate and a dash of cinnamon. Stir vigorously until smooth. Serve with apple and pear slices, strawberries, and banana chunks for dipping.
* Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins
* Tortilla Chips sprinkled with Cheese
* Fruit Skewers - simply cut any fresh fruit in season into bite-sized chunks and alternate on wooden or bamboo skewers with grapes
* Fruit Leathers
* Crackers and Cheese
* Hard Boiled Eggs
* Ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins)
* Carrots, celery, and pita triangles with Hummus dipping sauce
* Banana Pops (dip in yogurt, roll in crushed grains, and freeze)
* Stonyfield Farm yogurt cups or smoothies
* Dehydrated Veggies from Just Tomatoes
* A box of Raisins
* A bowl of mixed, raw nuts
See also: Moving Beyond Hot Dogs and Pizza
Products We Love:
Stainless Steel Water Bottles by Klean Kanteen - Reusable and NO chemicals to leach into your drinking water!
No natural home is complete without the Vita-Mix TurboBlend multi-function home blender. Makes smoothies, grind your own flour and flax seeds, make homemade nut butters...even make hot soups!